HOUSE AND ESTATE
According to Montagu Knight, the brick Upper Terrace was built in 1901. In the early twentieth century this was a broad grass terrace with a central gravel path, recently uncovered. Roses and other climbers covered the brick retaining walls and balustrade of semi-circular tiles. An ornamental rockery flanked the eastern side. The northern end of the terrace, demolished by a falling tree in 1990, has been rebuilt and there is some further re-pointing to be carried out, together with additional replanting of climbers.